Wednesday, May 5, 2010

is this thing on?

so, friends have been telling me this is how i should get my much loved recipes out to the great wide yonder. i did it. if you know me, you know technology is not my best friend so, blogging is a whole new ballgame to me. but cooking...oh, cooking. we are VERY good friends (i love cooking so much i'm gonna take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant). angry, cook. bummed, cook. hungry, cook. drunk, cook.

which brings me to the title of the blog! when my best friend, ashley, and i were living together in bed-stuy we got into our fair share of boozing, & such, but we also managed to make a lot of really yummy treats. we were broke, three sheets to the wind, & kinda lazy, but determined to eat the most delicious food possible!!! we did, and how.

i'm vegan, and all my recipes will be as well, but believe you me i have fed my fair share of non-vegans, and they enjoy the food just as much as the next veggie lover. these recipes will make believers out of haters! crystal guaranteed.

i hate measuring so recipes are more like "two handfuls of flour." i'm working on that though to make it more user friendly.

but all in all, these recipes are cheap and easy. some may be slightly more "less cheap" shall we say, but it will even out in the "easy" factor and vice versa. i promise i won't lead all my broke inebriated comrades out in the foodless rain.

this post has no actual recipe as i am still getting my bearings, but tomorrow recipe numero uno!!

here we go...

2 comments:

  1. I think i love your blog! I'm Jenni's cousin. My boyfriend is vegan, I am about 85% of the time. Your recipes sound amazing and I am very excited to try them. I also appreciate the fact that you started this blog even though technology is not your best friend-I say that exact thing at least twice a week. So, congrats on the venture.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much!!! yeah it takes me longer to write these blogs then it does to make the food. :/

    ReplyDelete